CFS was founded by Hermann Krug in 2008 as an independent service agency for film projects. Hermann Krug, photo engineer, has been working in the advertising industry since 1990 as a producer and Head of TV. He was Head of TV at Springer & Jacoby (S&J) for almost 10 years before joining Jung von Matt to oversee their film department. Hermann has more than 12 years of experience with automobile accounts. 2008 he founded CFS as an independent service agency for film projects. CFS ist working for clients like BMW, Coca-Cola, Daimler AG, IKEA, L’Oréal and advertising agencies.
- What was your very first job?
My first exciting job after my studies was with ARRI in Munich. There I was able to collaborate on the development of digital postproduction and to contribute many innovations to advertising productions.
- Please describe, in your own words, what your job is and what work it entails.
My job is to understand customers and their requirements for content and to ensure the appropriate implementation. This is where in quality, in time and in money play a special role.
Media, production requirements and production methods may change, but in the end the focus is always on the customer for whom the message is intended.
- How did you discover that the creative world was right for you? Was there a time in your life that you credit to this discovery? Was there a train of events that brought you to where you are today?
The advertising industry still appeals to me because it is about clear and simple messages. The projects are mostly self-contained and can be realized in a manageable time.
You have a lot of creative freedom to produce the appropriate content and every task is a new one that also calls for new solutions.
- In a constantly changing world, how do you find inspiration to keep your work fresh, innovative and relevant?
Going openly through the world helps a lot.
- If you had to pick one piece of work or project that you are most proud of, more for the creative work and innovation it required, rather than its recognition or industry “success,” what would it be?
This year this would be the campaign for eBayKleinanzeigen, for which we were asked to produce four clips in the style of music videos.
- Which creative disciplines do you commission most, and are most interested in seeing more of and why? Which of these disciplines are you most interested in seeing at CONNECTIONS? (ie photo, film, production, social, experiential, vr, cgi, animation etc)
I find the NON-TRADITIONAL topics particularly exciting, because communication must be able to deal with the constantly new media and distribution channels.