In 2014 Carlos joined Twitter as the Head of Brand Strategy for Spanish Speaking LATAM. 4 years later he moved to Dublin as the director of the EMEA Business Marketing team. All these after spending 15 years as a Creative Director in the advertising industry.
Carlos started his career in traditional advertising but then became an integrated Creative Director, developing traditional, digital, experiential and shopper marketing projects.
Today Carlos and his team are focused on establishing Twitter as an indispensable partner for marketers and agencies throughout Europe and the Middle East, creating the right Strategies and Campaigns to demonstrate the power and effectiveness of Twitter.
1. 1. What was your very first job?
My very first job was in a radio station where I spent 5 years and allowed me to do almost everything, from taking care of the vinyls, writing, producing, to programming the music and even being an announcer.
2. 2. Please describe, in your own words, what your job is and what work it entails.
I manage a team of Marketers who is focused on finding the most innovative and effective solutions to persuading Twitter's customers on how relevant the platform can be for their marketing strategies.
3. 3. How did you discover that the creative world was right for you? Was there a time in your life that you credit to this discovery? Was there a train of events that brought you where you are today?
I've always loved finding new approaches to any challenge. Then I became a copywriter and I got in love with advertising. I spent 15 years as a Creative Director so creativity became my passion and my profession.
4. 4. In your constantly growing and expanding industry, how do you find inspiration to keep your work fresh, innovative and relevant?
I always try to find inspiration out of my industry. Art, novels, entertainment, Tweets and mainly, observing how humans behave.
5. 5. If you had to pick one piece of work or project that you are most proud of, more for the creative work and innovation rather than its recognition or industry "success," what would it be?
I think you are always as good as your latest work, so I'd say our latest campaign for a new feature called Conversation Controls. Here is a link to the video: https://twitter.com/TwitterMktgUK/status/1328624749975580672
6. 6. Which creative disciplines do you commission most, and are most interested in seeing more of and why? Which of these disciplines are you most interested in seeing at CONNECTIONS? (ie photo, film, production, social, experiential, vr, CGI, animation etc)
Experiential both in person and virtual/digital. Innovation, and anything creative.